There are several municipal parking lots and many privately operated parking garages in Lower Manhattan. Consult our interactive transportation map, which shows the location of Lower Manhattan parking garages, or visit the NYC Department of City Planning website, which lists parking facilities citywide.
Municipal Parking Lots
Broome and Ludlow Municipal Parking Field
- Open daily from 8 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Four-hour time limit
- Unattended metered facility (pay and display) with 69 spaces, including three handicapped spaces
- Close to Lower East Side stores, especially at Grand Street, Orchard Street and other locations south of Delancey Street
- Entrances on Essex Street and on Ludlow Street
- Rates are charged per 15 min. period. The meters accept quarters and NYC Parking Cards.*
Delancey and Essex Municipal Parking Garage
107 Essex Street, just north of Delancey
- Open 24 hours a day, seven days a week
- Self-parking garage with attendant; cashier/toll operation
- 357 spaces, including eight handicapped spaces
- Close to Lower East Side's Orchard and Delancey Streets
- Entrances located on Essex and on Ludlow Streets, just North of Delancey Street
- Daily, overnight and monthly rates apply
- Contact: Roosevelt Parking, at (212)529-8824.
Leonard Street Municipal Parking Field
Leonard Street between Lafayette and Centre Streets
- Open from 6 a.m. to 10 p.m. daily
- Two-hour metered parking
- Unattended facility (pay and display)
- Accepts quarters and NYC Parking Cards*
- 45 spaces
- Close to Chinatown, Little Italy, Canal Street, Foley Square
- Rates charged by half hour
Free Parking for Shoppers: Broome Street
Complimentary four-hour parking for cars and motor coaches is available at a secure, attended facility on Broome Street between Norfolk and Suffolk Streets. After four hours, parking fees are charged by the hour, by set of hours, or for 24 hour periods. The parking lot is open Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 10 p.m. and Saturday and Sunday from 8 a.m. to 10 p.m.
*Municipal Parking Cards
The NYC Parking Card is a pre-paid card drivers can use to park at city lots and some metered spaces. It is available in $20 and $50 denominations. Cards can be purchased online, by telephone (call 311), or at CityStore, the official store of the City of New York. CityStore is located in the Manhattan Municipal Building at One Centre Street, North Plaza. It is open Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. and on Saturday from noon to 5 p.m. A second CityStore location can also be found at the NYC & Company Visitors Information Center at 810 Seventh Avenue, between 52nd and 53rd Streets.