This weekend there will be an overnight detour to Manhattan-bound traffic on Fri (5/17) night. There will be no closures on Sat (5/18) or Sun (5/19). Please see schedule below.NOTE: NYCDOT has recently completed a major expansion of access ramps to and from the Brooklyn Bridge and the FDR Drive, which will now accommodate two traffic lanes and simply traffic patterns. Learn more: http://on.nyc.gov/13fkxyW
Overnight Detours for Manhattan-Bound Traffic:
- Fri night/Sat morn (5/17): Midnight* to 7AM
- Sat night/Sun morn (5/18): No closure
- Sun night/Mon morn (5/19): No closure
- Mon - Thurs night (5/20 - 5/23): 11PM* to 6AM
* Brooklyn-bound traffic can still travel over the Brooklyn Bridge at all times during the work. Maps are posted on the project website: http://www.nyc.gov/html/dot/downloads/pdf/brooklyn_bridge_brochure.pdf
Traffic can always head to Brooklyn.
Unanticipated events or field conditions can delay or accelerate planned work.
Manhattan - Work continues on the North Cantilever between Park Row and Ramp D and on the left lane of the Brooklyn-bound Manhattan Approach. Work beginning soon beneath Ramp C.
Brooklyn - See Brooklyn work zones map. The break-down of the York St Structure's abutments and deck continues, as does backwall work and deck replacement at the Main St Structure. Sidewalk construction along Cadman Plaza West where the street meets Ramp F has commenced.
FULL WEEKEND WESTBOUND CLOSURE PLANNING: Full 54-hour weekend westbound bridge closures will occur throughout 2013; exact details are posted here upon announcement. The next full-weekend closures are tentatively planned for July 20-22; August 24-26; and September 7-9. Read more here.
BIKE & PEDESTRIAN TRAFFIC NOTE: The promenade will remain open throughout all phases of construction. In order to fully enclose railings and other components however, the paint removal containment units will reduce the width of the path by 1.5 feet on each side and be from 600 to 1000 feet long. For the safety of all bridge users, cyclists will be directed to dismount and walk through the work zone. As work progresses the units will move across the bridge until the project is complete.
Pedestrian and bicyclist managers are now posted on the Brooklyn Bridge.
Additional traffic updates:
* To allow traffic to clear before the reversal begins, the BQE exit closes 30 minutes earlier, the FDR Drive exits close an hour earlier, and all other Brooklyn ramps shut down 5-15 minutes earlier.